route, ping, where's the net? --SOLVED

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 9 01:59:37 UTC 2005

Peter> ...the Linksys BEFW11S4 802.11b fw/router connecting the LAN to
Peter> the Internet.

Ah.  I have a Linksys (the one without wireless) and I remember seeing
something perhaps related.  Basically, it seems unpredictable whether
the DHCP reply from the Linksys specifies itself as the DNS server or
the upstream DNS.  Maybe it depends on the order in which you connect
things.  I just got it to a state where it replies with the upstream
and now will not turn it off for the rest of my life. :-\

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.