Free to a good home: Neverwinter Nights

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 8 21:27:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 03:39:38PM -0500, Mike Newman wrote:
> My copy of Neverwinter Nights is sadly going unplayed at the moment.
> This game enjoys an excellent and mature Linux port that is supported
> by the developer. The Linux community on the official forums is also
> very strong.
> I have the original game and the Shadows of Undrentide expansion. I've
> deleted my online account so whoever takes them can participate in
> online multiplayer. Both have ESRB ratings of Teen. Free to a good
> home!
>
> Sorry for promoting proprietary software, but the Linux port really is
> excellent!

I have seen it, and it really is rather impresive on linux.

it really shows that with libsdl and such there is no good reason for
game makers to not release their games for linux.  Linux users will pay
for good games.  Of course it is probably most sensible to simply
include the linux support on the same media as the windows support, or
at least offering the binaries for download to use with the data on the
CDs.

Lennart Sorensen