FTP Question

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 1 04:23:30 UTC 2005

Devin> Thanks for the suggestions.  I would like to use a perl solution
Devin> so I am looking into Net:::FTPSSL.  However, I couldn't get it to
Devin> install without a force on the make.  It would not work, but that
Devin> might be because of the force on the make.  So maybe I will have
Devin> to use curl or stunnel like Behdad suggested.  Thanks again.

Taavi> Why did you have to force the make?  What did it complain about?
Taavi> Was it missing crypto or SSL libraries/perl packages?  If so,
Taavi> it's no wonder it didn't work. :) Try to figure out where it died
Taavi> and why.

In particular, have you tried the CPAN or CPANPLUS module?  It follows
module dependencies automatically for you.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.
(apologies to Peter Dyballa for my translation from German)