ms on the offensive again

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 24 13:28:50 UTC 2005

On 5/21/05, Francois Ouellette <fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Not much money to make on the software but HUGE market for hardware, even
> with smal profit margin the potential is immense.
> Funnily enough, IBM has pulled out of the PC market! I suppose they count on
> their Power technology for servers with Linux.

Note that IBM pulled out of the _PC_ market, not the _server_ market:
http://www.ibm.com/pc/us/personalcomputing/ redirects to Lenovo's website.
http://www.ibm.com/servers/ is still natively IBM (and sells
Intel-based "x-series" servers along with all the others).

Of course you can also get Linux running on Power if you want:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/openpower/
*drool*

--
taa