How do you start a blog/wiki?

F. Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 21 13:13:05 UTC 2005

--- Walter DnDneswawaltdnesawaltdnesrorgwrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:24:54PM -0400, F. Duran
> wrote
> > I don't know if it will be any useful, but I had
> nothing better to
> > do this weekend and I launched
> OpOpenSourceCanadaom (another wiwiki
> > the GTGTALUGooks great!) So yes, another empty
> web.
>
>   On a tangent to your post, how does one go about
> doing that?  I've got
> a few computer-related things I want to spout off
> about,

what you want is probably a blblogan easy way to
publish your stuff. They are most suitable for writing
short content and updating it frequently; the
presentation is chronological. They have more features
but you don't have to use them.

 and a blblogr
> wiwikiight be the way to go.  Is there a fundamental
> difference between
> blblogsnd wiwikisor are they just different brand
> names?

Like they said, in a wiwikianyone" can edit and change
the contents of the pages, so it's more suitable for
collaborative projects like
wiwikipediahthttp/en.wiwikipediarorgiwikiain_Page

BlBlogsnd wiwikisan be considered specialized forms of
onon-lineublishing or "Content Management Systems"
(CMCMS

You can test-drive different CMCMSnd see other types
at: hthttp/wwwwwpopensourcecmsom/

Fernando

> --
> Walter DnDneswawaltdnesawaltdnesrorg
> An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on
> keyboards will
> eventually produce a report showing that Windows is
> more secure,
> and has a lower TCTCOthan lilinux
> --
> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings:
> hthttp/tltlugsssrorg> TLTLUGequests: Linux topics,
No HTML, wrap text