mini-ITX graphics woes

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 18 12:45:56 UTC 2005

On May 18, 2005 08:32 am, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> I seem to remember someone on the list having mini-ITX experience?
>
> Does the EPIA 800 have enough processing power to play DVDs smoothly
> under Linux? I've managed to acquire a mini-ITX box that was retired
> from a satellite comms system, with the ultimate aim of building a
> silent, low-power media box.
>
> Current spec: c3 800, Trident Cyberblade i1 integrated graphics, 640MB
> PC133 RAM, 60GB 5400rpm Toshiba notebook drive, Gentoo 2005.0.
>
> It looks like support for the Cyberblade is extremely weak under Linux
> (it's the usual 'proprietary drivers' thing). Using mplayer with its
> current driver is an exercise in weird ghosting and jitter -- it would
> be a neat effect if it were deliberate.
>
> cheers,
>  Stewart

Looking here

http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-pvrhwdb.php?find=via+epia&search=find&sort_mode=lmodified_desc

It seems that some other people have had some success using similar boards.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca