mini-ITX graphics woes

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 18 12:32:31 UTC 2005

I seem to remember someone on the list having mini-ITX experience?

Does the EPIA 800 have enough processing power to play DVDs smoothly
under Linux? I've managed to acquire a mini-ITX box that was retired
from a satellite comms system, with the ultimate aim of building a
silent, low-power media box.

Current spec: c3 800, Trident Cyberblade i1 integrated graphics, 640MB
PC133 RAM, 60GB 5400rpm Toshiba notebook drive, Gentoo 2005.0.

It looks like support for the Cyberblade is extremely weak under Linux
(it's the usual 'proprietary drivers' thing). Using mplayer with its
current driver is an exercise in weird ghosting and jitter -- it would
be a neat effect if it were deliberate.

cheers,
 Stewart