Linux and RIM Blackberry

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 16 19:55:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 03:40:50PM -0400, Aaron Vegh wrote:
>My Dad bought a Blackberry a while back -- amazingly, without any
>support from me. First I heard of it was when he showed it to me. Then
>he asked, "can we get this to sync with my Mac?"
>
>Trouble, trouble, trouble. RIM has never heard of Linux, nor the
>Macintosh. So fsck 'em. My Dad ultimately exchanged his BB for a Treo
>600. Now THAT is a sweet piece of hardware. Honestly, in capability
>it's way better than a BB.

The only complaint I've heard about the Treo is that they don't seem to
have Bluetooth.  I was on the sideline of an ultimate game yesterday,
and several people were exchanging numbers, and lamenting that they had
to type in the Treo-holder's number by hand.  We've come a long way
since the big grey brick cellphones.
--

yours,

William