[d at DCC] Please distribute (quickly): Made in Canada Stallman video?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 16 16:48:12 UTC 2005

On 5/16/05, John Lange <john.lange-5+aknOdr8TCw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'd be very interested in seeing this event recorded and would even be
> willing to put some money towards it.
>
> My question is, why do you need several hundred dollars? One day's
> rental of even the most expensive consumer video equipment can't be more
> than $40-$100 ?

I have not received estimated cost as yet - this has been a very last
minute push.  The last word I've received from CUUG on the matter was
that it was very expensive and out of reach for them.  My assumption
is that the costs would also cover a professional videographer.

A rough estimate of support pledged by concerned individuals and
businesses is on the order of $500-750 (some offers have been variable
depending on need) which, in my opinion, is absolutely fantastic for
last 12 hours.

If there is someone at CUUG who can operate rental equipment at a
reduced cost, then I believe any excess donation dollars should go to
help them offset the cost of sponsoring the event.

As soon as I have more information, I'll make it available.

Once again - thanks to all who've come forward with support for this.

A friend once asked me a question about tackling enormous issues.  How
does one eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.  In this case, I think some serious progress has
been towards getting Mr. Stallmans words to the people who need them
the most.

- SGE