Any experience with DataWind Wireless Pocket web Surfer?

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 14:05:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> They have the web site at
>
> 	http://www.datawind.ca/
>
> for instance.
>
> The toy seems to be nice and usefull. I wonder how they produce images of web
> pages on the server, to send them to this wireless displayer. Its probably a
> patented technology but I suspect there is nothing very complex there. Or
> anybody knows about a similar open source solution?

I don't know how *they* do it but xvfb is how I'd do it ;-). That and
some compression on the wireless transfer and it works. The reverse
signalling (mouse etc) is trivial on 433MHz. The main stream may require
a 2.4GHz link depending on desired speed. F.ex. 115kBauds can be sent on
a 433MHz link and that would make it as fast as dialup modem.

Peter