Canada's own DMCA

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 13 21:43:47 UTC 2005

Here's my $.02, having just left the US:
If this sort of bill gets near to passing, It is worth the money and
energy to actually educate the massses.

We (the geeks) in the US, all thought "that would be unconstitutional"
and did very little to fight the DMCA.
Guess what, the bill passed into law, and the supreme court has upheld
almost every piece.
So, the moral is,
A, stay out of the US.
B, if congress (or parliment) does not grasp the whole reality, the
courts may not either.
C, err, um, I'll think of something.
D, ARG I hate STUPID PEOPLE RUNNING MY LIFE!
E, We should really fight this sort of thing.

-Joseph-