Canada's own DMCA

daniel danstemporaryaccount-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 13 20:23:41 UTC 2005

On May 4, 2005 10:14 pm, Rob Sutherland wrote:
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 21:23:28 -0400
> Nope - I think he's a waste of skin, actually. I just think it's a shame
> that the party that talks about being the opposition to all that is
> corporate etc., is paying out when it doesn't need to.

'cmon.  think about the demographic here.  everyone on this list knows the
dangers of things like drm and the dmca, but the mentality on this list makes
up no more than 2% of the voting public.  the ndp is doing what any smart
party would do in this position: looking for the groups that'll hand them the
most votes.  as far as anyone else is concerned, this whole "dmca thing" is
just some weird computer thing that doesn't concern them.

if you want politicians to pay attention to issues like this, you have to get
people to understand and care about it -- that way other parties will care
too because the votes will be there.

--
economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
  - john kenneth galbraith