recommend a PCI wireless card?

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 12 15:26:20 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Nice to see someone releasing a wireless driver as GPL from the
> manufacturer (which they appear to have done as of driver version
> 1.4.4.0).

I have a Cisco Aironet 350 MiniPCI card in my laptop which is
supported by the 2.6 kernel.  Fabrice Bellet has been doing a lot of
work on it.  Cisco has also released driver packages for it from time
to time, on which the airo.ko code is based (i.e. it's GPL).  I can't
recall the original lineage, though (did Cisco write the original, or
patch some original GPL'd driver to work with the MiniPCI version of
the card).

The Cisco utilities to do LEAP do in fact work with the stock kernel
driver which is kind of neat.  At some point I'd love to see if I can
get wpa_supplicant working, though (so I can use the wireless at my
girlfriend's place, WPA'd as it is).

--
taa
/*eof*/