Anti-Fedora??

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon May 9 12:45:26 UTC 2005

pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Hello
>
> Some time ago, I posted for help on a problem encountered with a Fedora distro I
> was experimenting with. While no one responded, the problem was later solved. I
> wondered why no one answered. While it may be that there were several reasons for
> not answering, I am just wondering if any of those reasons have to do with Fedora. Is
> there any reason I should *not* use Fedora, other than the fact that it is a test distro
> and could contain broken packages? If that is the case, I took the same risk when I
> installed Sarge, but was far worse off. At least with Fedora, I have X windows and
> can see the HD partitions on my Promis card. That wasn't possible under Debian
> Sarge.
>
> Paul

I've been running FC4t2 and I have stuck to 'fedoraforums.org' and the
Fedora mailing list for my questions (I didn't see yours, sorry!). It
seemed a little too specific for TLUG, specially given that it is a test
release.

As an aside, how are you finding FC4? I had a lot of panel and sound
problems for a while but I think they have ironed out a lot of their
bugs. Oh, I've also had a hell of a time compiling almost anything. I
always get missing file errors even when the file is there. Generally
though I am starting to like it after a bit of frustration.

Madison