installfest distros

Colin Smillie csmillie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 8 21:55:13 UTC 2005

On 5/8/05, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Presuming that those bringing their box to an installfest are less
> experienced (else, why don't they just do it themselves ?) What distros
> should we be considering ? If follow-up support is part of the picture,
> should there even be an option ?

I would think support options would be fairly critcal if the goal is
the have the user continue to use linux post-install.  Most of the
more commercial distributions either have support optoins or offer
paid support plans.

Not that third-parties withing GTALUG might be willing to assist but
think these should be options/choices for end-users that might want
more defined support offerings.

Colin