installfest support

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 8 16:30:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 08:01:59AM -0500, Sy wrote:
> On 5/8/05, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > 1) a sign-up sheet that
> >     c) gathers a hardware profile
>
> Is there a liveboot distro that focuses on information gathering?  I
> can easily see a lot of users just not knowing enough of their own
> distro.

Mepis has been *excellent* to me. www.mepis.com with very little effort
you can go from Live CD to installed OS. The live CD has a button on the
desktop that says, "Install Mepis to my computer" (or something to that
effect). Hopefully the advantages are obvious... My friend Ken has figured
out the workaround for those who don't have a bootable CD drive.

And then once it's all up and running I just did a "dist upgrade" to get
back to Debian. (Which I know and love.)

Hopefully the revised/updated checklists will make it back into the LDP if
the LDP stuff is out of date?

thanks,
emma

--