rogers with static IP ?

Dan Gennidakis dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 30 18:14:14 UTC 2005

A colleague of mine requested it once with Rogers as a business need and got a static IP reserved. Not sure if you can still request this. It's not really a big deal to setup for them on DHCP assigned Static IPs.

Karim Yaghmour <karim-vatZMuOh6OJBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
Robert Brockway wrote:
> I've never come across any cable connections anywhere in the world that
> offer a static address. This is not a technical limitation since it is
> trivial to make a DHCP reservation permanent. It seems to be a cultural
> aspect of the use of cable.

In Quebec, Videotron will give out static IPs on business accounts.

For their "Extreme high-speed" and 5 static IPs on a 12-month contract
it comes down to 199$/month+tx. They lend you a Cisco SoHo router for
the static IPs.

For some reason or another, though, there's no mention anywhere on their
site regarding the availability of the 5 static IPs and related fees:
http://www.videotron.com/services/en/affaires/4.jsp

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits