Memory Pricing Falling ?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 29 18:21:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:17:46AM -0500, vertaxis wrote:
> They're installing DDR3 on the latest video cards now.  They're also may be
> shrinking sizes down on the die again.  I think it a prelude to a tech
> shift.

I believe video cards are using GDDR3 not DDR3 (which I don't think
actually exists yet).  Graphics cards skipped GDDR2 rather quickly for
some reason.  Ram for video cards tends to be dual ported, which system
ream is not so they are not quite the same thing.  Some cheap video
cards using plain memory at a performance loss.

> I can also hope it's a glut.

Well cheaper ram always makes me happy.

Lennart Sorensen