Connect Linux box to the Internet via Linksys WRT54G router

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 05:40:14 UTC 2005

Hi Michael.

You have exactly the same set up as I do; same router and everything.

I'm assuming you're using Fedora Core when you talk about Red Hat.

If you configure networking using Red Hat's tools
(system-config-network or netconfig), you still have to "enable" the
network.  The tools only modify the configuration files.

To reinitialize your network card, use the "ifup" and "ifdown"
commands, like this:

# ifdown eth0
# ifup eth0

Or you can issue "service network restart" to restart all your network config.

Hope this helps.

pm