Connect Linux box to the Internet via Linksys WRT54G router

Michael L Yang lr1003-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 02:28:57 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

Good day!

I have just purchased a Linksys WRT54G router for my home network (one pc and one windows laptop). The pc has both WinXP and Redhat 7.3 on it. The wired connection is as below:

                  \
                  WRT54G router ---- Rogers Cable Modem ------Internet
                  (192.168.1.1)
                  /
Laptop-------

Under windows XP, both computers can access internet no problem. But when I switch to RH on the PC, the networking is not working at all. I can not even ping the router (192.168.1.1). I have turned on dhcp via 'Network Configuration'. I wonder whether some one could point me to the right direction.

Thank you for your time,

Michael