Linux Install Woes

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 15 15:42:27 UTC 2005

On March 15, 2005 03:14 pm, John Wildberger wrote:
> Recently I bought a HPa820n Pavilion Computer with XP OS installed.
> I used Partition Magic to create some additional partitions.
> When trying to install Mdk10.0 it goes through the initial install log and
> then comes to the point where it says: Loading program into memory,
> At this point the computer hangs.
> Could it be that either the HW is too advanced (800Mz FSB) or that some
> other quirk is preventing the loading?
> Any suggestions?
> John
> .

This was a known problem in Mandrake 10.0 on some hardware configurations. You
should be able to install using noprobe or text install.

10.1 is available now and 10.2 is in beta. Any particular reason you are not
installing 10.1? It fixes a lot of known issues that 10.0 had.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca