Primus improperly labelling mail

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 12 19:45:56 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 13:52, jim ruxton wrote:

I think when Wintel took over Echo On Line the emails started getting these
same inserts.  However I have yet to find anything labelled  SPAM  which
wasn't. I let a Kmail filter move the SPAM to the trash folder.  It sure
makes the job SpamAssassin has to do, a quite simple one.

A Happy camper at EOL.

> Hi I didn't put spam in the subject line in case the message got dumped.
> Lately Primus has been labeling more legit mails as spam. This is a
> problem for me since I have a filter that looks at the header and
> trashes anything with ******SPAM****** (Primus label) in it. I'm using
> Evolution. Is there a way I can at least keep those messages labled spam
> but from someone in my address book. I also use spamassassin but it's
> not causing the problem. After the quick filter looking at the header
> spamassassin looks at the rest of my mail. Any thoughts how I can avoid
> dumping some important mail?
> jim

Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can