OT: sharing Rogers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 7 22:11:52 UTC 2005

Matt Cahill wrote:

>    This was my primary thought, but it occurred to me - wouldn't
>    Rogers notice if both computers were on at the same time?  Sorry
>    for my naivety, but I didn't think it was *that* simple (!)  Or are
>    you suggesting that there would need to be some manual settings put
>    on the router before this works?

No.  There is only one mac address visible, which is that of the
firewall/router.  In fact, with many of them, you can clone the mac
address of a computer.  There's very little that needs to be set up in
those boxes.  You just configure it to use dhcp to get the settings and
also to set up the local computers.  If you wish, you can use static
address on the local net.