Installation of Fedora over SuSE

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 7 01:40:55 UTC 2005

Got the patched image for the partition editor (see Bugzilla bug #138419)
and all the "probe_partition_for_geom()" errors disappeared when using the
patch.
I manually created the root and /swap partitions and then everything worked
fine. After about 30 minutes (on a 1 GHz machine) the installation
process was complete and FC3 booted normally.
I haven't played too much with the system yet but so far I like it, it's
different (can't say what, looks more UNIX?), it also seems less memory
hungry and faster.

  François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>