Installation of Fedora over SuSE

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 6 16:28:20 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 08:35, Francois Ouellette wrote:
> I will know for sure how it goes later today. Thanks for those who replied.
>
> BTW how do you compare SuSe with Fedora? One reason I am switching is that
> since Novell took over SuSE it has changed the distributions and now there
> is no longer a "free" personal desktop distribution.
>
> Also it seems that there are a few exotic things in the SuSE bash that
> prevents me from installing the OpenSource Ingres r3 database software.
>
> I will see how it goes with Fedora.
>
>   François Ouellette
> <fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>

I have dropped SuSE and FC-2 from active use and am back to a Debian based
Distro.  I have 4 Distros on this Computer and can reach any one now that I
have updated the Mepis Grub.  I did use the Suse Grub in the MBR for a long
time and and had the test distro put its Grub in their root partition rather
than the MBR.  With this last install, Mepis installed Grub in the MBR but
didn't add all the other partitions like Ubuntu does. I just found Fedora and
SuSE to be too different in file positions and names to what I have become
used to. Mepis 3.3 is not recommended for production use since it is based on
the Unstable branch of Debian.  I have found all versions to be quite stable
tho.

Merv

--
Merv Curley