Rogers / Second Cup hotspots

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 4 20:03:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:19:23PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> This afternoon, I forced myself to drink a "Chocolate Lover's Latte"
> (vanilla fudge brownie) in order to test the new Rogers / Second Cup hot
> spots.  I'm happy to report, that I had no problem running WiFi, with my
> ThinkPad, running SuSE 9.2.  The service is free, until April.

I was also fine with my Debian laptop. A couple things of note:
	- there's a web site you have to visit to "activate" the service (ask
	  what the URL is...I think I was able to put any URL into my browser
	  and it redirected)
	- when you get home you may need to update your /etc/resolv.conf file
	  so that it points at your home DNS server instead of the rogers
	  server.

HTH,
emma

--