Linux supported Wireless PCMCIA a/b/g card typeII - for IBM T23 2647-2TU?

Dan Gennidakis dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 3 18:22:12 UTC 2005

I have yet to find a "good" resource (yes google is my friend :-)) for wireless card support in Linux that is current and up to date which lists manufacturer/model/revision/chipset or whether the card requires ndiswrapper (using windows drivers) to work or not.

Dan

Matt Cahill <m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

DG> Yeah that is the problem with some cards it depends on the
DG> revision # as well since chipset/firmware has a big impact. That
DG> is why I need info on a current "G" that works well. Thanks for
DG> the info though. Every little bit helps.
DG>
DG> :-)

Not to hijack this thread, but - as someone who will be setting up a
home wireless network in the next month - this is certainly a topic
of interest for me also.

I don't suppose there's a 'linuxprinting.org' for wi-fi yet, eh?

Cheers,

Matt

--

Matt Cahill
m dash cahill at rogers dot com

"A corporatist society is organized precisely in order to marginalize ethics."
- John Ralston Saul

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org