Can anyone reach istop?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 29 12:30:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:15:17PM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
>On June 28, 2005 09:52 am, Oliver Meyn wrote:
>
>> not just you - died somewhere around 6-7pm last night for me.  I doubt
>> they're all dead, just mostly dead.  Probably another spat with Bell.
>
>Same here, down last night at 7pm.  There is an update at
>http://www.istop.com/status.html indicating you can login with
>istop:username-1Ns3SGp1wUE at public.gmane.org as of 7pm, I could login at that point but routing
>wasn't working (perhaps because of my static IP).
>
>can.internet.highspeed has lots of entertaining speculation as to what
>happened but I don't care ... I switched to another ISP from work this
>afternoon and they had my login functional as we talked on the phone, and
>this email is a test of the new connection :-)

<rant>
I am back up with istop, but I'm sick of this.  My very limited dealings
with Ralph Doncaster personally and his behaviour on this list suggests
that I should also find another ISP.  If you cannot conduct yourself in
civil discourse then business involving interpersonal communication
(like dealing with vendors) might be a mistake.  I don't doubt that Bell
has acted in bad faith with istop - it's Bell - but I should never know
about it as a customer.
</rant>

So, who did you switch to?
--