tool to mesaure internet traffic

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 23 23:23:19 UTC 2005

Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> MRTG typically polls the remote device for data on a configurable basis
> (usually 5 secs). I will provide excellent average throughput and
> statistical analysis.. it won't provide an accurate figure of TOTAL bytes
> transferred.

Yes, you are right. In that case Franco should take a look at a related
project called RRDtool which can be found at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

One of the projects under the "RRD World" section (such as Serverstats) may
be more appropriate.

--
Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"