wxPython on Debian?

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 17 16:23:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:32:34AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> [...]  I also doubt perl6's syntax is finalized yet
> unless they are further along that I think.  No system I have yet seen
> runs perl6 as their perl default so learning it is certainly not on my
> priority list.

The broad strokes are well defined, but there are still many
smaller areas that have not yet been defined and others that
are still in flux.  There is no perl6 implementation that could
be considered as appropriate for any sort of production task
- the pugs implementation supports a large proportion of the
language (and is doing well at tracking new decisions as they
are rendered and at testing odd corners to expose problems
with the alternatives choices that are under consideration).

I wouldn't try to learn perl6 right now - there is no good
documentation for learners yet, things are still focussed on
implementors and will be for a while longer.  So, a lot of the
documentation simply refers to what is changed from perl5 (which
of course doesn't mean much unless you already know perl5).