OT: VMWare SeminarJune 16.

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 17 11:16:28 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Fraser Campbell <fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On June 16, 2005 02:16 pm, Sy wrote:
>
> > Crap, I didn't even think to check if anyone else was going. I found
> > my way there by TTC, albiet the long way. It was interesting.. and
> > right now I'm downloading VMware workstation (for Linux, of course).
>
> Xen is more interesting, unless you have to deal with Windows ;-)

Gah, I went looking for an alternate open source solution.  Xen [1]
looks Interesting.

Does this mean I can run Xen as my main setup[2], run Linux within it
and then run VMware inside that to use Windows?

Hmm.. I was thinking of redoing my setup something like this.  I was
even thinking of VMware's ESX Server.

[1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/
[2] http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenLinux
The page doesn't exist, but is referenced from the FAQ as a minimal
Linux install.
FAQ: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq
Apps:  make, gcc, libc6-dev, zlib1g-dev, python, python-dev,
python-twisted, bridge-utils, iproute, libcurl3, libcurl3-dev, bzip2,
module-init-tools, latex, latex2html, transfig, and tgif.