x86-64 box

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 8 23:30:02 UTC 2005

Just a quick question: are all of the anti-Gentoo comments in this
thread harmless teasing or actual zealotry?

Personally I quite like Gentoo. The package manager is pretty nice,
and having ebuilds for stuff like the Neverwinter Nights install was
excellent. Also, I found the community to be tolerant of newbies,
eager to help and not generally obsessed with performance.

That being said, I think it's a perfectly valid choice for an x86-64 box.