openoffice / other broken packages in sid

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 29 03:44:05 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Tim Goodaire <tgoodaire-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > This is something that I've hit a bunch of times while running Debian
> > unstable. Generally, it's because "some required packages have not yet been
> > created or been moved out of Incoming."
> >
> > In my experience, problems like this in unstable are usually fixed within a
> > day or two. It might be worthwhile for you to check the debian-user
> > mailing list archives and see if anyone else is experiencing this
> > particular problem right now.

Good idea. I will apt-get update daily and check things out. I was
just wondering if I was somehow missing some obvious fix to all these
broken packages - I have run Debian unstable in the past with barely a
hiccup, so I was a bit surprised that there appear to be a number of
broken packages.

I gather from browsing through debian-user that big things are afoot
at the moment in unstable, such as the move to xorg for example.