openoffice / other broken packages in sid

Tim Goodaire tgoodaire-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 29 00:41:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 08:14:40PM -0400, Tim Goodaire wrote:
> > Subsequently, I found other big packages with broken installs such as
> > the Gimp and Gnome. I tried a repeated install attempt after another
> > apt-get update with no luck. Any other Debian users experiencing a
> > pile of broken packages? Any suggested workarounds? I Googled around
> > but not sure why so much appears to be broken or how to fix.
>
> This is something that I've hit a bunch of times while running Debian
> unstable. Generally, it's because "some required packages have not yet been
> created or been moved out of Incoming."
>
> In my experience, problems like this in unstable are usually fixed within a
> day or two. It might be worthwhile for you to check the debian-user
> mailing list archives and see if anyone else is experiencing this
> particular problem right now.
>
> Tim

I just remembered something. There may also be some breakage in Debian unstable
currently due to servers being moved around [1].

Tim

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00016.html

--
You are destined to become the commandant of the fighting men of the
department of transportation.