Draft installfest flyer

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 28 16:35:27 UTC 2005

No, really, no FreeBSD?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org [mailto:owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Colin
McGregor
Sent: July 27, 2005 9:18 PM
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Subject: [TLUG]: Draft installfest flyer

What follows is a quick draft of the text for a
possible installfest flyer. Comments? Concerns?
Free Linux Installfest

Ever wanted to play with Linux but had problems
getting it installed? Well, Centennial College and
volunteers from the Greater Toronto Linux User Group
want to help.

Distributions we'll be installing include Debian,
Fedora and Mandrake but others will be available.

Memberships to the GTALug will be available for sale
($20), as well we will be selling some Linux
distributions on CD ($10 for a set) and we may have a
few other small goodies for sale.

Otherwise, the Installfest is FREE for everyone.

When: Saturday August 27th, 2005
Where: Room 418, 755 Morningside Avenue (the
Centennial HP Science and Technology Centre).
Time: 9:30am to 2:00pm

If you'd like to register, please email:
register-+7+y8uhm9Opg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
If you'd like to come and help out, please email:
volunteer-+7+y8uhm9Opg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org

We'd also love to know the following in advance:
* How new is your hardware (especially video cards and
SATA)?
* What previous experience you may have had with
Linux.
* Do you have a preferred distribution you'd like
installed?

Before you come to the Installfest, please

* Defrag your hard drive and set aside at least 3GB.
* You can create your own partitions or resize
preexisting ones if you know what you're doing;
otherwise we can do it for you.
* Back up all important data on your computer in case
something does go wrong. Centennial College and GTAlug
will not accept any responsibility for accidental data
loss.
* If you have some spare time, search the web for
Linux compatibility information for your hardware. It
may save us a lot of time and pain if we know of your
computer has some special requirements beforehand.

Please remember to bring in:

* Power cables and hardware manuals.
* Some CRT Monitors, PS/2 mice and keyboards will be
available. If your computer uses LCD or USB
peripherals, you may want to bring them in.
* Money if you wish to join GTAlug or purchase Linux
CDs (the later subject to availability).