The Screamin' Firefox Blues

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 25 19:38:41 UTC 2005

On 7/25/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > You say you have an NVIDIA board...
> No I haven't, since the machine with the nforce I don't even have
> speakers connected to.  I never use sound on it at all.
Sorry, that particular blurb was directed at Rob. :)

> I find the ALSA drivers for the sb live to be much better than the oss
> compatible drivers from creative.  They were I am sure a great reference
> for implementing the ALSA drivers though.
That's true but my activities were mostly talking on Teamspeak while
playing NWN, Diablo 2 and UT2004 through WINE and, after fiddling with
ALSA to the point of frustration I eventually surrendered to OSS. It's
not ideal but it works!

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/