The Screamin' Firefox Blues

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 22 14:50:56 UTC 2005

So, how do you control sound in Firefox? What's happening is that I'll
be working away with xmms blasting away
and then it stops. After using my usual debug technique of killing
things in lavaps one at a time I discovered that when
Firefox dies it seems to release a flood of audio chaos - most
discombobulating when you have the speakers up at
Blue Oyster Cult levels. The Edit/Preferences windows doesn't seem to
have any audio settings and about:config has
too many :-) Can anyone tell me what to set to control audio output from
Firefox? I have an nvidia AC-97 using the
snd-intel8x0 driver with Krud FC3.

Rob

--
Rob Sutherland - http://www.cheapersafer.com