Naked DSL providers in Toronto?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 22 12:55:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 03:31:04PM -0400, Colin Smillie wrote:
> I wasn't aware you could order DSL without a phone line in Canada.
> Every DSL provided I've used ( Bell & Primus ) has had this a
> requirement for service.

I know I saw one ISP offer it recently, but the price for the service is
the standard $30/month or so for ADSL service + $17 (or more) for bare
line service.  In some areas it was charged at a higher rate, and it was
only available at some COs so far.  Still cheaper than paying for local
phone service on the line, but not by very much.  Still competitive with
rogers cable modem service though pricewise.

Lennart Sorensen