Naked DSL providers in Toronto?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 02:43:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-07 at 19:59 -0400, Richard Hennick wrote:

> A friend is looking for a provider of Naked DSL (i.e. without an existing
> phone number) in TO, other than Bell itself.  I know the topic has come
> up; any recommendations from the list?

With the demise of istop I switched to Tek Savvy. They offer Dry DSL
(http://www.teksavvy.com/web/prices_Dry.htm) at $29.95/month (same as
regular DSL).

When I check availability it says "Dry Copper DSL appears to be
available for your location for: $16.99/month in addition to the regular
DSL price." ... I assume $16.99 is the cost of the naked "phone line".

I've been with TekSavvy for less than 1 month (IIRC) and so far haven't
encountered anything to not recommend them.  They aren't in TO they are
in Chatham but they do offer service in TO and they have toll-free tech
support line.

Fraser