Need an ISP in TO

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 22 01:44:45 UTC 2005

CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:

>>FWIW, with the purchase of Sprint, Rogers now has cable, ADSL and
>>dial up access.  It will be interesting to see what changes may
>>occur.  Dial up access, for cable modem users, would be nice for
>>those who have notebook computers.
>
> Reasonably priced wireless Internet access would be even nicer.

Yes it would.  I tried the Rogers hot spot at a Second Cup, when it was
free, but I don't see myself spending $9/hour very often.  However, with
Rogers, you can pay by the minute, instead of by the hour as with Telus
& Bell.  With them, even if you're only connected for 5 minutes, you
still have to pay for the full hour.  It would also be nice to get
decent GPRS rates.  My cell phone supports GPRS and has a USB port, but
I don't want to pay the high usage rates that Rogers charges.