How do I gracefully exit/shutdown a "remote" machine?

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 21 19:53:54 UTC 2005

Hello Guys,
This is a pretty fascinating thread..
How about demonstrating this at the next meeting?

I always use ssh with passwd auth and I have always heard about using key
pair based auth. Is anyone interested in a demo..

Or how about an "auth" day; where we can demo the different types of auth
available.. opie, key pairs, smartcards etc.. and possibly an "auth
protocol" day to demonstrate using different auth protocols eg Kerberos,
LDAP, NIS etc...