Routing frustrations

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 21 00:01:11 UTC 2005

I have a minimal FC1 box acting as router:
eth0 (external) 10.20.30.250/24
eth1 (internal) 192.168.1.25/24

If ping (or ssh) is run from the router, I can see (and access)
machines on the internal network through eth1.

Machines inside the internal network however cannot ping or
(seemingly) otherwise access eth1 on the router.

Here's the output from iptables and route.  Any suggestions or
pointers would be most appreciated - this is driving me absolutely
nuts.  :)

Thanks,
-Scott

(PS - actual addresses/ranges have been changed to equivalent addresses/ranges.)

[root at anheg]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target    prot opt source             destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target    prot opt source             destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target    prot opt source             destination

[root at anheg]# route
Kernel IP routing table
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1
10.20.30.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
127.0.0.1 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
default 10.20.30.8 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

--
- SGE