linuxcaffe; geek-of-the-week; shell scripting with Chris F.A. Johnson

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 14 15:40:40 UTC 2005

    linuxcaffe (the coffee, sandwich and all-open-source software place)
is now starting to schedule a program called geek-of-the-week, where we
will be hosting informal sessions, with prominent gurus.
    The idea is to create a forum in which the public at large can come
in with linux-related problems/ questions/ curiosities and the
expert-on-hand will attempt to make sense of it. In the process, others
attending might learn a thing, or two, and the person with the problem/
question/ curiosity might have it fixed/ answered/ satisfied. linuxcaffe
will not be charging anything for this but donations, directly to the
days domain expert, will be encouraged and facilitated.
    The proposed (initial)  schedule is every Tuesday and Thursday
between 2pm and 4pm. There is some argument that this is impossible for
those with "day jobs". What do you think ? We are also looking into more
formal tutorial sessions, outside of business hours, in a larger venue,
for a (hefty) fee.
    We have our first "geek", the esteemed Chris F.A. Johnson
(http://cfaj.freeshell.org/cfaj/) shell scripter extrordinaire, who has
agreed to assist/ illuminate all things related to the POSIX shell. The
schedule and itinerary have not yet been set, so now is the time to
shout out when you would like it to happen and what you would like Mr
Johnson to focus on.
    I you are a domain expert and would enjoy sharing your expertise
with others, or if you know someone who fits the bill, please let me
know, on or off-list.
djp

--
linuxcaffe