[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: TLUG meeting, Tueday July 12 -- MythTV

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 12 18:46:45 UTC 2005

All,

I am very interested in this topic but I can not go due to some reasons.
Could I get a copy of the nots or slides?
Thank you very much!
louie

Drew Sullivan <ds-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:

TLUG meetings are held at the University of Toronto on the second
Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm.

Note: If the room doesn't look like TLUG, check next door at GB248

Date
Tuesday July 12, 2005
Time
7:30 pm
Topic
MythTV
Speaker
Colin Smillie
Description

MythTV is an open-source Personal Video Recorder which provides
functionality similar to Tivo and other commercial equipment. When
combined with its various plugins and an open-source environment, MythTV
provides a more functional way to use your entertainment center.

We'll be going through an introduction to MythTV, a live demo and
covering the following areas:

- Hardware Selection
- Required Components
- Software Installation
- MythTV Functionality
- Record and Play back of TV programs
- Listen to Music
- Watch Videos or DVD
- Other plugins

More information on MythTV available at : http://www.mythtv.org

Speaker Bio

Colin Smillie works as a Product Manager, providing market direction and
strategy for a variety of software projects. He has experience in
software development, networking, security, encryption and wireless
communication. He's been a linux user since 1996 and a MythTV user for 2
years now.

More information on Colin is available at his webpage :
http://colin.smillie.ca

Status
Confirmed by speaker.
Location
Room GB244, Galbraith Building, University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G8
University of Toronto
Map
http://oracle.osm.utoronto.ca/map/