Rogers Business Cable

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 12 17:13:55 UTC 2005

On July 12, 2005 12:12, Pavel Zaitsev wrote:
> Hi,
> Since I wouldn't trust their sales pitch, maybe someone already has
> Rogers business package and I wonder if they can tell me if business
> account connections are filtered  at the port 25.

Hi,

It will not do you any good as many hosts will either drop or reject mail
originating from a Rogers IP block claiming it is a "dial-up" account. My
complaints to Rogers fell on deaf ears. The only difference between a
business and residential account that I can discern is that they charge
double for the business account. Rogers has been saying for two years that
they will introduce static IPs "real soon" but I have given up on that. I
just use my own off site SMTP server so that I do not have to rely on their
slow as molasses SMTP server.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay