TLUG's value to community ???

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 18:00:19 UTC 2005

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org writes:
> > I will have to disagree with you there.  Just because I am privy to some
> > LPI knowledge doesn't mean that I am representing them here.  Can you
> > show me one statement where I claim to speak for LPI in this thread?
>
> Actually, the minute you talk about internal financial of a organization
> you are representing them. With or without their permission is a different
> story.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I am not quoting 'internal' financial
information.

> > discussions, I recall that I constantly asked why we were incorporating.
>
> I believe you have our roles reversed. When we first started I was the
> single biggest voice gainst, and it was all my concerns that had to be
> addressed. Clive and George were one step from strangling me.

That's different than what I was after from the discussions.  I was never
against the incorporation, just the prevalent rationale for it.

Personally, I find it a little irksome that Toronto doesn't have the biggest,
best and most organized LUG in Canada.  Many others have started after TLUG
and are much further ahead than us.

I would much rather see us clear up this GTALUG lack of information issue and
discuss where TLUG can go in the future.

> > Is it really that hard to have the exec of GTALUG come to a TLUG and/or
> >NewTLUG meeting and answer some questions and provide some information?
>
> No it isn't I have no problem doing it.

That's great to hear.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20