TLUG's value to community ???

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 15:47:03 UTC 2005

William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Look, people...  CLUE has cost.  I don't see CLUE going around detailing
> their fiscal balance at TLUG meeting.

This is a bit of a red herring, isn't it?  CLUE isn't claiming to represent
or _be_ TLUG (or any other organization).  CLUE also isn't asking for money
from people for the services that it does provide.

CLUE also has public mailing lists where anyone can ask anything and it gets
answered.

> GTALUG is not doing much now.  But, we should be.  So, what do we (as
> group) want to do?  What kind of "service" should we provide?  Who is "our
> community"? ...

This was the question that I was trying to get answered as part of the
incorporation.  It's too bad that it wasn't answered back then.  We may not
be having this discussion now.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20