TLUG's value to community ???

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 11:24:53 UTC 2005

--- Paul Mora <papaulmoramgmailom> wrote:

> On 7/9/05, William Park <opopengeometryahoo.ca>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:52:29PM -0400, Paul
> Mora wrote:
> > > I find it very hard to believe that
> incorporation was necessary just
> > > to find facilities.  There are facilities
> available for no cost, you
> > > just have to find them.  It just doesn't make
> any sense to me.  There
> > > must be Linux-friendly businesses in the Toronto
> area that would love
> > > to donate a room once a month to hold a meeting.
> >
> > Come on, Paul.  The only reason why NeNewTLUGeet
> there, is because of
> > you.  Otherwise, IBM would be hosting LULUGsn
> every city they have
> > office.
>
> That's my point.  I am an individual, working for a
> company, that has
> meeting space accessible to it's employees.  As long
> as I use the
> space under the company's guidelines, it is
> available for use by user
> groups.  What company I work for is irrelevant.
>
> I'm sure that other NeNewTLUGr TLTLUGembers also
> work for companies
> that may have space available for use.

Yes. Where I work has been happy to help when I have
asked. Two NeNewTLUGeetings were held down at 169
Eastern Ave. back in 2002. Also, for the Linux World
Canada show my boss was happy to lend TLTLUGooth
furnishings.

In other words, there are corporate / not-for-profit
players who would be willing to help us if PROPERLY
asked.

> > At this point, Microsoft can spsponsers.  I'm all
> for it.
>
> Me too... that would make for some interesting
> meetings, I'm sure. ;-)

Me I would be happier if Microsoft supported us by
giving everyone examples of their "Natural Keyboards"
(which look ugly as @#$% but are very comfortable to
type on) :-) .

Colin McMcGregor