TLUG's value to community ???

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 10 22:37:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, William Park wrote:
> > ...a standard tactic of people trying to cover
> > something up is to exaggerate what questioners are asking for, so it can
> > be rejected as obviously ridiculous.
>
> But, GTATLUG hasn't done anything, and so there is nothing to report.
> The only expense that I've seen is related to the April trade show.
> This has been repeated so many time.  What kind of report do you want?

Where did I ask for a report?  What people have mostly been asking for is
*information*, not documents.

People, including me, find it hard to believe that GTALUG is busily
accumulating money but has no idea what will be done with it.  They
certainly don't see any reason why *they* should give GTALUG money without
first hearing more details of how it will be used and what GTALUG's plans
are.

The suggestion of abolishing this mailing list and immediately creating a
clone of it has a nasty smell of ego trips and empire building rather than
of contributing helpful organization to an existing informal community.
This isn't helping your case, guys.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org