Change of meeting place.

James McIntosh jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 9 23:02:49 UTC 2005

At 11:29 PM 2005/07/07 -0400, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>James McIntosh wrote:
>

>>Yes, linuxcaffe is one block (in terms of traffic lights) south of Christie
>>Station. I think that there are 'mini-blocklets' (?) within this path.

>ac2ally, the walk south is punctuated by 1 alley, no other streets.

I guess that in a neighbourhood unfamiliar to me I hallucinated 1 alley
into 1 or more tiny streets without traffic.

>That's not to say it ain't a /long/ block , ;-)

Yes, a /long/ block, but some are even longer.
>>>linuxcaffe is ... 10 feet from a bus stop

>>Would you happen to know the bus route number, and its subway station of
>>departure ?

>94 (I think, don't quote me, I'll get back to ya) departing from
>Wellesley (and Ossington station, at the other end)

>>(If you don't know, don't bother: I can ask various T.T.C. personnel at
>>Wellesley Station.)

On Friday, I was travelling south on Bathurst from Bloor Street West to
Queen Street West, through Harbord, and the bus driver mentioned Wellesley
Station and Ossington Station via Harbord as its route.

I later visited the Wellesley Station, and found that her statement of
route number (92) was wrong, it is 94. (Just exactly as you and Chris F. A.
Johnston mentioned.)

Chris F. A. Johnston also mentioned that its route extends eastward to
Castle Frank Station.
>>I very much enjoy the conversation contributions that you make to the
>>after-meeting pub get-togethers. Stay cool in the summer heat !
>>
>why thanks JM ! Your perspective is refreshing, too !
>djp

I don't even remember what I might have said, but thanks!

Jim McIntosh   <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>